Wednesday 9 May 2012

Requiem Mass Gradual

I got a bit ahead of myself. It was deliberate: I specifically wanted to post the In Paradisum as a prayer for, and in honour of, the late Phyllis Bowman.

Then I wanted to show another side to the traditional Requiem Mass, with the Dies Irae.

However, now we go back to nearer the beginning of the Mass, to the Gradual; which is the next thing to be sung after the Kyrie (as there is no Gloria at a Requiem Mass for obvious reasons).

BTW apologies for the odd recording blips in this and the Dies Irae; I can't remember what the problem was, but these were recorded on cassette tape (remember that?) many years ago...

Gradual




Requiem æternam dona eis, Domine :
et lux perpetua luceat eis.
In memoria æterna erit iustus,
ab auditione mala non timebit.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord :
and let perpetual light shine upon them.
He shall be justified in everlasting memory,
and shall not fear evil reports.

No comments: