Due to the sheer volume of idiocy the Tablet can publish in a single issue, it would clearly need to be a team effort.
This seems a great idea to me, that could develop into a serious apostolate with many benefits; but , if it is to be taken at all seriously, it would need some thought and a lot of work.
Some of the questions that occur to me are:
- Should we set up a new blog, twitter feed etc dedicated to this important apostolate?
- Who should be on the team - and who decides - and by what criteria?
- Should we aim for consistency of style and approach (and if so what) or diversity ranging from satire to legal and theological dissection?
- Should we strive to fisk every dodgy article every week, or simply pick the more outrageous ones?
- Who would edit/review articles to ensure that they do in fact accurately express Catholic orthodoxy?
- Who would be our spiritual director?
- Is this, in fact, a good idea?
If anyone is interested in getting involved, or in answering any of those questions, or in suggesting further questions that we should address, please comment in the comms box here or at Ttony's place, or on Twitter.