Sunday 2 September 2012

Liturgical Latin


I had a break from the Liturgical Latin series when we went on holiday, and on my return, I am not sure what, if anything, to post next in the series.

It seems to me that we have covered enough basic grammar; by referring to what we have learned, using Lewis and Short for vocabulary, and if necessary other online grammar books, one should be able to understand most of the texts one is likely to encounter in the liturgy.

If there is any interest, I could continue to post a prayer from the liturgy each weekend, with a brief note of any vocabulary or grammatical points arising; but if there is no such interest, I think I will end the introduction to Liturgical Latin here.  To be honest, we have about covered my knowledge of Latin grammar...

1 comment:

Idle Rambler said...

Thank you very much for all your hard work in producing the Liturgical Latin posts.

I've certainly gained a lot from them. As someone who has never had any formal Latin lesson, you've helped me a great deal and I can 'make a stab' at most of the Liturgical Latin I come across now.

I tend to agree with you that it's probably come to a natural end. I have my notes that I've put together from all you posts and they'll be there to refer to when I need to.